Sunday, April 26, 2015

American Period

The American Period consisted of three subgroups victorian, Federal and Shaker. The Victorian which was named after queen Victoria  was a more elaborate subgroup with a lot of colorful exteriors and ornate furniture. The Federal Subgroup is used in exactly how it sounds federal. So it can be seen in our government buildings and furniture designers such as duncan Phyfe thrived during this time period. The Last Subgroup is Shaker period which is based on Simple but built well. The shaker time period is still used very much today because it does have a simple clean and adaptable. The american time period was a very versatile design that is used today in modern architecture.


From that time period 












Current Applications










Extra Credit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJSjHH8XlCI








Peer Review:

I Reviewed Haley I thought she did a really good Job at describing American period and I liked her current examples.
I also reviewed Emma I liked her examples from that period and I liked her descriptions of the time period.





No comments:

Post a Comment